Tender yet crisp, with a hint of smokiness…these air fryer breakfast potatoes will have you coming back for more! I love these breakfast potatoes because they require only 10 minutes of hands on time. Perfect for a busy morning!
When I discovered I could make breakfast potatoes in the air fryer, my life changed.
Seriously! I used to make these potatoes from scratch in a frying pan, and I would have to watch them carefully to make sure they didn’t stick or burn. And they took forever to cook through.
But not in the air fryer. This recipe is a game changer, trust me! The only hands on time required is dicing the potatoes. After that, you just throw them in and let them get tender and crisp!
Potatoes – I used 3 russet potatoes, for a total of 1 pound. I love the way russets turn out in this recipe!
Olive oil – the oil will coat the potatoes and help them get crispy.
Garlic powder – I like adding just 1/4 tsp for some extra flavor.
Smoked paprika – this adds a hint of smokiness and more flavor!
Pepper – you can’t have breakfast potatoes without pepper! I used 1/4 tsp and the potatoes had a little kick. You can add less if desired.
Salt – start out with 1/2 tsp, and add more if necessary after tasting.
Save this recipe for later by pinning to pinterest
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Breakfast potatoes are SO EASY to make in the air fryer—way easier than making them in a pan! Here are the steps to take:
Step 1: Dice Potatoes
First of all, prep your potatoes. You can leave the skins on or peel them; up to you. If you leave them on, just make sure to scrub the potatoes.
Dice the potatoes into a small to medium dice. I like to go in between 1/4″ and 1/2″. You can learn how to dice potatoes here.
Step 2: Add Oil & Spices
Next, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
Stir everything together until the potatoes are well coated with oil and spices.
Step 3: Cook
Finally, transfer the potatoes to the air fryer basket! Make sure they are in a single, even layer (this will help them get crispy).
Bake at 400 degrees until the potatoes are tender, about 15-18 minutes.
How long should I cook breakfast potatoes in air fryer?
In truth, it depends on your air fryer! All air fryers can be a little different. I used the Ninja Foodies air fryer to make these potatoes, and they were done within 15-18 minutes.
If you have a different air fryer, check the potatoes at this time and see if they’re done. If they’re not quite tender, just cook them a few minutes longer!
Recipes Tips & Adjustments
You can adjust this recipe in a variety of ways. Don’t be afraid to get creative! Here are some of my ideas:
- Omit the extra spices and just use salt and pepper. The potatoes will still be delicious!
- Add onions! Potatoes and onions together are a breakfast classic. Just slice up some white or yellow onions and cook them with the potatoes. This will add extra flavor, texture, and deliciousness!
- Add other veggies. For example, bell peppers also work great in the air fryer (and are great for breakfast recipes). Broccoli would also be delicious!
Serving & Storage
Speaking of bell peppers and broccoli, that reminds me of one way I love to use these air fryer veggies.
Of course, you can eat them on their own and they’re delicious, but another great thing to do is add them to scrambled eggs, frittatas, or omelets. Yum!
Alternatively, you can serve them on the side, with your favorite egg dish as the star of the show.
As for storage, you can keep these in an airtight container in the fridge and they will still be good warmed up later!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 lb russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dice potatoes in a small to medium dice (I like to do in between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch dice). You can leave the skins on or off depending on your preference.
- Put diced potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Add garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt. Stir until all the potatoes are well coated with spices.
- Put potatoes in the air fryer in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Stir/shake halfway through cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I used the Ninja Foodie Air Fryer Toaster Oven. Remember that all air fryers can be a little different—so make sure to cook the potatoes until they are tender yet also crispy!
- The pepper and smoked paprika give these potatoes just a slight kick. If you are making these for kids who don’t like spice, you might want to cut these amounts in half.
- You can cut the potatoes bigger or smaller than I did, you just may have to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- You can leave the skins on the potatoes or peel them—it is up to you! I did a mixture of both.
- If you want air fryer breakfast potatoes and onions, you can definitely add onions! Just slice them up and put them with the potatoes.
These air fryer breakfast potatoes are absolutely delicious. My favorite part about them is how QUICK they are to make! I used to make breakfast potatoes in a frying pan, but I won’t be doing that anymore. Air fryer to the rescue!