Only have 5-10 minutes to work on dinner? Try these lazy enchiladas! This tiktok taquito enchilada recipe is thrown together in minutes, and the result is a tasty meal the whole family will love.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a batch of taquito enchiladas at home:
Frozen taquitos – the star of this dish is the frozen taquitos because they are what make the enchiladas SO easy! You’ll need one 18-count package. I used beef taquitos in this recipe, but it is possible to use chicken too (see more info farther down).
Red Enchilada sauce – you can use canned or homemade, whatever you have on hand.
Cheese – I used marble jack cheese that I shredded, but there are lots of cheese options. You can use just jack cheese, just cheddar cheese, or even pre-shredded Mexican cheese.
Lime – it is really worth it to serve these enchiladas with lime slices! It adds extra freshness and flavor.
Cilantro – cilantro, like the limes, adds extra flavor to the dish.
Sour cream – sour cream on the side is optional, but I wouldn’t go without it!
Recipe Tips and Adjustments
The great thing about this recipe (besides it being so easy) is that you can customize it with whatever you have on hand.
If you only have chicken taquitos, you can definitely use those instead! I recommend doing green enchilada sauce with the chicken taquitos, but even that is up to your personal preference.
Like I mentioned above, you can use whichever cheese you have on hand, and you can also customize the toppings depending on what your family likes.
Save this recipe for later by pinning to Pinterest
How to Make Lazy Enchiladas
Here are the steps to take when you make your taquito enchiladas:
Step 1: Prep
Do your prep work first: grate the cheese, slice the limes, and wash and mince the cilantro!
Step 2: Start Layering
Next, grab your 9″ by 13″ pan and pour half a can of enchilada sauce in the bottom. Then, lay out the taquitos side by side in a single layer.
Step 3: Add more sauce & cheese
Finally, add the rest of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly! Then serve with lime, cilantro, and sour cream on the side or sprinkled on top. Yum!
Serving & Storage
These enchiladas are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. But you can always save leftovers in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Just make sure you don’t reheat the lime slices with the enchiladas. Take them out and squeeze them over the enchiladas after reheating instead.
More Dinner Recipes:
Another delicious beef recipes you’ll want to try is my creamy taco soup! This soup uses lots of flavorful ingredients.
Speaking of beef, here are 11 ground beef seasonings plus how to use them (this is my post popular article!)
Lazy Enchiladas: SUPER Easy TikTok Recipe
- Chef's Knife
- 9" by 13" Casserole Dish
- 18 count package frozen beef flour taquitos
- 8 oz block of marble jack cheese
- 2 – 10 oz cans enchilada sauce
- 1 lime, sliced
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To prep, shred the cheese, slice the lime, and chop the cilantro.
- Pour ½ can of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole pan.
- Arrange the taquitos into the pan, in a single layer.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the taquitos, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Transfer to the preheated oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, top with lime slices and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately with sour cream and enjoy!
- Want to make chicken enchiladas instead of beef? It is super simple to change it up! Simply use chicken taquitos and use green sauce instead of red sauce.
- You can use any cheese you prefer: monterey jack, cheddar, or pre-shredded Mexican cheese will all work.
Lazy enchiladas are great for busy nights when you’re overwhelmed and don’t know what to make for dinner. Just start off with frozen taquitos and add cheese and toppings! I hope you love this recipe as much as I loved creating it! Be sure to share on pinterest so others can see it as well.