Best Ever Mango Cherry Smoothie Recipe
Deliciously creamy, thick, and sweet: a Mango Cherry Smoothie! While this fruit combination is one you might not have thought of before, it really makes for a yummy smoothie on a hot summer day.Jump to Recipe
Smoothies are one of my favorite things. I am always looking for new combinations of fruit to blend together to make unique flavors. Mangoes and cherries are one of those things that you don’t think to put together off the top of your head—but it’s really delicious!
I’m excited to share this recipe with you guys today. I will definitely be serving this smoothie to my family and friends this summer, and you can too!
Ingredients in a Mango Cherry Smoothie
You’ll need 5-6 ingredients to make this yummy mango cherry smoothie:
Frozen Mango – I bought mine from Trader Joes. However, you can also buy fresh mangoes and freeze them yourself. It’s totally up to you!
Frozen Cherries – I bought mine from Costco in a big bag. They are the sweet variety. Make sure you don’t get sour cherries or yellow-colored cherries. They should be red sweet cherries.
White Grape Juice – I found that this juice was best to help the mango and the cherry flavors shine. I did test the recipe with apple juice as well, but the apple flavor was a little overpowering. It still tasted great though, so you can definitely sub apple juice if that is all you have on hand!
Plain Greek Yogurt – adding just a touch gives the smoothie just enough creaminess.
Maple Syrup – helps offset the sourness of the yogurt. If you use a sweetened greek yogurt, you may be able to omit the syrup!
Oats – this ingredient is optional but I love adding oats in. I just blend the smoothie ever so slightly so that the oats don’t combine completely. It gives the smoothie a bit of texture. If you don’t like this, you can either omit the oats or blend them completely.
Save this recipe for later by pinning to your pinterest boards!
What Kind of Cherries should you put in a smoothie?
Like I mentioned, you want to use sweet cherries for sure. If all you have is fresh cherries, that’s fine—just make sure to pit and freeze them before making this smoothie! Frozen cherries definitely make for the best texture in a smoothie.
Can I put whole cherries in a blender?
Yes, but you have to pit them first. You cannot eat cherry pits, even if they are blended in smoothies. Cherry pits are poisonous and should not be consumed. If you are using fresh cherries, make sure to remove the pits before blending. If you have frozen cherries, there is a good chance they are already pitted, but still check just to make sure.
Related: how to tell if a mango is bad
How to Make a Mango Cherry Smoothie
This smoothie is extremely simple to make. Here are the steps to follow:
- Add the mangoes, cherries, juice yogurt, and syrup to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add oats if desired and blend until you get the consistency/texture you want.
Like I said earlier, you can do the oats however you’d like. Some people like that added texture, but some don’t. It’s totally up to you.
More Smoothie Recipes
You can make smoothies from just about any fruit you have on hand! Here are some more recipes you’ll definitely want to try:
If you’re wondering if you can change up this smoothie to make it your own…the answer is always YES! Here are my ideas for fun variations, as well as dietary substitutions:
- Add in another frozen fruit for more flavor, like blueberries or strawberries! (Just make sure to add a bit more liquid too if you do this!)
- Sub coconut milk yogurt or cashew yogurt for a dairy free mango-cherry smoothie
- Sub honey for maple syrup for a different kind of sweet flavor
Ready to make this smoothie? Follow the recipe below for all the exact ingredients, and make sure to pin it for later so you can make it again and again!
Mango Cherry Smoothie RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A unique, refreshing smoothie recipe for a healthy breakfast: a mango cherry smoothie! This smoothie is deliciously creamy and sweet. You’ll just need some frozen mangoes and frozen cherries, plus a few other ingredients for the perfect smoothie on a hot summer day!
5 oz frozen mango
3.5 oz frozen pitted cherries
1 cup white grape juice
2 oz plain greek yogurt
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp oats (optional)
- Add the mango, cherries, greek yogurt, white grape juice, and maple syrup to a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- If desired, add oats for additional protein and texture. Blend on low for a few seconds to break them up a bit, or blend on high to combine them completely with the smoothie.
- Pour into two glasses and serve!
- Your smoothie may turn out a different color depending on what kind of mango and cherries you use. I used frozen mango from Trader Joes, and frozen sweet cherries from Costco.
- For a sweeter or tarter smoothie, feel free to add or take away maple syrup.
- Feel free to sub apple juice for the white grap juice. I have tested this smoothie with both. They both taste great, but I liked the white grape better.
- I used a vitamix to make this smoothie. This blender works great for frozen fruit smoothies.
Mango Cherry Smoothies make for a unique combination of fruit that is delicious! Try this smoothie for breakfast, or a snack on a hot day. I will definitely be serving this smoothie to my family more often. It is a favorite! I hope you love the recipe as much as we do. If you do, make sure to post pictures and tag me on Instagram here!