Make a refreshing apple raspberry smoothie this summer! This easy smoothie recipe uses fresh apples and frozen raspberries plus other yummy ingredients like banana and greek yogurt. Don’t miss the free recipe!
I love making smoothies. They are such a great way to enjoy a wide variety of fruit together in different combinations.
If there’s one combination I didn’t think of for a long time as smoothie-worthy, it is this one (apples and raspberries). But now, I’m so happy I tried this combo!
I mean, think about it. Apples and raspberries are often put together in desserts, like pies or crumbles. Why not try it in smoothie form?
So I did! I ended up adding some extra ingredients, all of which contribute to the smoothie’s overall great flavor and texture.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make this together!
Here is what you’ll need to make an apple raspberry smoothie at home:
Raspberries – I used frozen raspberries in this recipe.
Apple – You can use lots of varieties, but I love using a fuji apple for this smoothie. Fujis are sweet and crisp!
Banana – a half of a frozen banana will add a nice thick and creamy texture to the smoothie. I prefer buying fresh bananas, cutting them in half, flash freezing them, and keeping them in a ziploc bag for all my smoothies.
Milk – While I used regular dairy milk, you can also sub a non-dairy milk like almond milk or oat milk if you prefer.
Greek yogurt – To add to the sweetness of the smoothie, I like to use either raspberry or strawberry greek yogurt. If you like your smoothie more tart, feel free to use plain instead.
Spinach – Spinach is optional, but I like to add in a small handful to give the smoothie a little extra nutrition!
How to Make an Apple Raspberry Smoothie
It is extremely simple to make an apple raspberry smoothie!
Step 1: Prep Ingredients
First off, make sure to prepare your ingredients. Cut up an apple and make sure to remove all bits of the core and seeds. I used 3.5 oz of apple total, which was about 1 whole apple. There is no need to peel the apple unless you’d like to.
Step 2: Blend
Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend on high until smooth! I use a vitamix for the job, but you can use any blender that is able to blend frozen fruit.
Want to make this smoothie your own? You can totally make your own customizations! Here are some ideas:
- Add strawberries for an apple-raspberry-strawberry smoothie (extra berries are always great right?!)
- Sub the raspberries for a different berry you have on hand like strawberries or blackberries
- Add in another unique fruit you need to use up, like blueberries or peaches
The options are really unlimited! Feel free to get creative and use what you already have on hand.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
I’ve got lots more smoothie recipes here on the blog. Here’s a few of them:
- Mango Smoothie
- All-Peach Smoothie
- Grape Strawberry Smoothie
- Mango Cherry Smoothie
- Strawberry Cherry Smoothie
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie
Apple Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Vitamix or other blender
- 4 oz frozen raspberries
- half banana frozen
- 3.5 oz fresh apple about 1 whole apple
- 1/2 cup milk dairy or non dairy
- 1/4 cup raspberry or strawberry greek yogurt
- small handfull of spinach optional
- Cut and core 1 apple (no need to peel it unless you'd like to).
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy with bits of frozen raspberry on top!
- Feel free to substitute fresh or frozen fruit depending on what you have. If you use more fresh fruit than frozen, you can decrease the amount of milk used.
- To make this smoothie dairy free, simply use your favorite non-dairy milk and yogurt!
Apples and raspberries pair great together, and smoothies are no exception! Add in some banana and yogurt, and you’ve got a creamy smoothie of your dreams. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe and share it with friends and family!